On March 2nd 2015 the FEC (International Friendship Exchange Council), an independent organization that promotes diplomacy between Japan and other nations, held its annual International Spring Summit at the Okura Hotel in Kobe city.
Guests included representatives from Office of The Mayor of Kobe City, the Office of Governor of Hyogo Prefecture, H.E. Ambassador Miwa from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, KCC members and the executive team, as well as representatives from private industry.
Over 90 guests gathered for this event.
Nine members of the Kansai Consular Corps were present to provide 2 minute presentations each. The goal of these presentations was to encourage understanding and stimulate discussion regarding issues of importance to the KCC representative countries and Japan. Speakers from the following Consulates (listed in alphabetical order) discussed a variety of topics regarding their home countries, including international trade, current government initiatives, and foods and products:
- Honorary Consulate of Bhutan: Mr. Tsuji, Honorary Consul 在大阪ブータン王国名誉領事館: 名誉領事 辻 卓 史（鴻池運輸株式会社 会長)
- Consulate General of Germany: Mr. Klaus Klusmeier, Attache
- Consulate General of India: Mr. Aseem Mahajan, Consul-General
- Consulate General of Pakistan: Mr. Shuichi Miyata, Representative of the Consulate General of Pakistan
- Consulate General Panama: Mr. Aparicio, Consul-General Panama
- Consulate General of Russia: Mr. Stepanov Yury, Senior Consul
- Royal Thai Consulate-General: Ms. Acharapan Yavaprapas, Deputy-Consul General
- Consulate General of Vietnam: Mr. Ngyuen Duc Minh, Consul-General
- Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands: Mr. Roderick Wols, Consul-General
Before the KCC presentations began, Mr. Wols gave an opening presentation titled “Our Kansai Consular Corps – An Overview of the KCC”.
KCC Presentations were followed by a dinner reception and guests were encouraged to mingle and chat. The guests were also treated to a rare performance featuring two famous Japanese classical musicians.